Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frankenskull-alike
so, it arrived today, and Ive given her a few hours of play and thought.

Firstly: f* you Coppervape, why cant you just work like this thing does. Suddenly I'm not shopping for new batteries and a new charger coz it turns out I can get plenty vapour out of a mech already with this frankenskull.

Secondly: f* you mr frankenskull, you made it just too small, now there's no space for the bottle to expand properly, so my squonks are all little and small

thirdly: f* you china. The only thing you had to get right to make this a good mod is to get the bottle cap to seal against the bottle, but I had to fettle this myself. the mod, the rda, the allen keys, the velocity deck, all of this you got right, but the bottlecap defeated you????

fourthy: I'm keeping this one for myself, its actually a delightful little mod, perfect for the apocalypse (as long as it doesnt melt etc). Lets revisit this in a few weeks.

a solid 5 out of 7. For safety's sake I'd like to add a battery strap/cotton/nylon type thing to pull on and remove the battery, because if something is a bit wrong it'll take a while to get the battery out.
Box, check...juice, check...new battery, check.....SQUONK! Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like vern's post:
  • cheekiecharlie, keef
I've had mine almost 2weeks now, got a few 6ml square super soft bottles to replace the janky one it came with and its 100× better now! Been using a 0.12 staged build on there and yes the atty gets hot but thats to be expected with high power builds. I've been keeping an eye on the 510 and button insulators and all seems to be coping fine! I'm just on the hunt for a piece of ribbon now to use as a battery pulling out thingy lol then its a perfect mod Smile
these are the japanese soy sauce bottles?
Indeed they are!
ok, two week update.

Its shelved, too.

Reason: I end up filling it up two or three times a day, no lies. The bottle is just too small as a daily driver. The chinese copy bottles dont help either as they are too hard and you can feel the seam on it too, so I end up twisting the bottle into a sweet-spot for it to squonk nicely, which it does most times, however you do need to fit the bottle cap on really tight to get it to seal, which is a problem as the bottle is perfectly smooth, and the cap is perfectly smooth, and you probably have some eliquid on your hards etc. All minor irritations, but it does add up to a bit of grief for no real reason, especially when it needs doing a few times a day

grief#2: the battery compartment is just too damn small. All my batteries are showing signs of the battery wrap tearing on the positive side. I thought this may happen when viewing pictures of the device, and in practise it does happen . You have to dig the battery out, no two ways about it. Some of my rewrapped batteries have a seam running top to bottom, and if this seam is showing outside, then the side cover doesnt fit nicely and wobbles. They just really made the mod too small. I'm concerned I will have a momentary dead short one day when removing a battery. This is just stupid.

grief #3: (not really dug to the bottom of this yet, lazy): yesterday I wasnt having very consistent vapes with this device, I suspect its the switch connections that need cleaning, as on any mechanical mod. I pulled out the steel L-bracket but it looked fine, so assume its a problem on the 510 brass side. But didnt have the energy to find out how to get to it to inspect and clean (it does seem you need to take ti all apart to get to a maintenance item.....). It was just easier to say "end of" and pick up a different mod.
[-] The following 1 user Likes vern's post:
  • cheekiecharlie
Im having a much better experience since changing the bottle out with a soy sauce special. The one it comes with is virtually unusable. Now, a gentle press on the bottle fills the rda with juice. The shorter bottle also improves the feel and throw of the 'go' button.
These two setups are currently getting the most attention.

[Image: 2dbf1709c83ba89b0edddad99b4070be.jpg]

This is my first squonking experience and I am thoroughly enjoying it. As impossible as it seems, I really want to get my hands on a gen frankie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
any chance of a pic of the frankie with the door removed and a soy sauce bottle fitted pls?
(01-28-2017, 07:25 PM)vern Wrote: any chance of a pic of the frankie with the door removed and a soy sauce bottle fitted pls?

Sure, give me a few mins pal

Here you go, vern:

[Image: 470a76a978d2a21192df2e0d9ec1c87f.jpg]

Modmaker has released some images of his soon to be creation due mid feb. One of these shall definitely be going in! [Image: 199211dcc618f3195b49534afe9e9a84.png]

[Image: 492b8fd2bbf433f1d40c58b668e340d7.png]

[-] The following 3 users Like ap123ap's post:
  • ad456m, cheekiecharlie, vern
thanks! the soy sauce bottle does seem like it puts much less pressure on the L-bracket, which should make the switch nice and clicky. I've seen some pictures of modmakers 510, but not those (the dimension one is actually very helpful).

As a reply to my own previous post, the brass positive connection is screwed and held in place by the 510 pin under the atomizer. So just take off your atty, undo the mod's 510 screw a bit, spin the ring and screw it back tight and you have a "new" contact surface to play with.
ok, 100 bottles incoming. Main thing that swayed me was that I can fill a few up, put the cap on and leave them in my desk at work, in the car etc for when I run out unexpectedly.
[-] The following 2 users Like vern's post:
  • ap123ap, PaulBee