Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chip for a dual 18650 sqounker?
Alright guys.
Well the sqounker build has a green light got a nice little surprise with a scratch card this morning.
So I wanna go regulated with parralel 18650's but am not sure what chip I should get.
I don't need temp control, not got along with it no matter how hard I tried.
I need a minimum of 50watts and that's about it.
Cheers guys
from reliability point of view and by your specs you seem to be describing an sx350...
if you'll be ok with 40watts than the vamo v8 chip at fasttech is a damn bargain for $12 or so...fires down to 0.3ohms etc.
Box, check...juice, check...new battery, check.....SQUONK! Big Grin
A few people have suggested the vamo chip but I haven't been able to find a decent review of it anywhere.
A big thing for me as well is whether I can charge via usb.
charging via usb involves a $1.50 charging board..they go in parallel to your battery connections..so it shouldnt hold you back too much.
modmaker.co.uk have the charging board, so do FT

if it helps I have the vamo v8 chip for a similar project but havent gotten round to it yet, ..I stuck it in a vamo v2 body just to check it works and so on, and it does work well.
fasttech have just put a few boards up 20,30 and 50w ,cheap enough to have a go with
vaping is a passion not just a hobby

[Image: tumblr_n5adqxP4Vu1qm8o2po3_r1_250.gif]
Fasttech have the istick boards an all, they seem to be clones though so I don't know if they are any good, anyone got any experience with them?
If not looks like its gonna be a vamo board.
@Vern so the vamo chip can be used with parralel batteries then? I will have a look to see if I can get hold of the charging board from FT as well while am at it, just need to find a wiring diagram for them now.
I'd hazard to say *anything* can be used with parallel batteries...going from single to parallel only affects how much the voltage drops when fired and the total mah capacity of your battery..the chip in this instance wouldnt even be aware the batteries are in parallel.
So the chip would just see the parallel batteries as a single high capacity cell?
chip wouldnt have a clue they are in parallel...so yeah, as you said, it'll just appear to be a "really good" 18650 battery
Sound, so now it's a toss up between am istick 50 and a vamo v8 chip.
Need to find myself a box now any ideas?