Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IGO-s conversion
I was in town today and picked up a kanger dripbox on special offer, couldn't resisit!
Got it home and tried the atomiser that came with it. Much too much of a beast for me.
I usually build around 1.2 to 1.8 ohms and don't go for all the lung hit malarky.
So I fitted the BF pin to my velocity and coiled up for 1.5 ohms, not bad but it will take time to get the airflow set up just right as there are so many options.
Next it was out with the IGO-s that I bought a few weeks ago in preparation for my Reo clone arriving on the slow boat.
Had to convert it first though and found it very easy to do. I used my dremel-a-like and a pionted diamond engraving tip and ran a groove up either side of the positive pin with a 2 slots in the connector end to allow the juice access to the channels. I ran the channels just past where the post diameter reduces just above the atty deck when fitted. I replaced the pin, coiled and wicked and crossed my fingers.
It worked first time! Out of the 3 atties I have tried on the dripbox this has to be my favourite, it could do with a touch more air flow (Nothing that a run through with a drill bit can't fix) and it may be a bit 'old school' for some but for me it is just about perfect. Dinky too.
[-] The following 2 users Like gary101's post:
  • MacVap, vern
I like the iGol as a Dripper, to try new Flavours. I treated myself to a Bograt Topcap a couple of years ago and this set up suits me fine.
I'm still plucking up the courage to Mod summat for BF, and have a couple of cheap(ish) clones that I might try slotting, if my eyes/hands are able for work that tiny
I'm starting to struggle to count my coil wraps...damn eyes.
Box, check...juice, check...new battery, check.....SQUONK! Big Grin
igo-L's are fantastic drippers for their price, i have mine converted to squonk and it puts some more expensive ones to shame
vaping is a passion not just a hobby

[Image: tumblr_n5adqxP4Vu1qm8o2po3_r1_250.gif]
Charlie how did you convert your iGol?
I know M-Vapes have some bottom feed pins, and I saw Modmaker has Fatdaddy Squonk pins too.
Wondering if any of those would be suitable for an iGol?
just tap the centre pin out, then cut a slit in the insulator with a stanley knife,dremmel the centre pin slit a touch and then tap back in ,thats it ,around 5 mins work

Don't suppose anyone knows where I can still get an iGol Dripper do they? I know the chances are I'll bugger up even a simple task and I don't want to be left without my 1, trusty, iGol!!
last ones i could find was on fasttech, couldn't find any in the uk

Yeah, I checked Fasttech, but I couldn't see any that they had. They list them but don't seem to actually have any in?
there are one or two american sites with them , but once international postage is put on ,for me ,it just wasn't worth it