Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
potential bottle source
thanks to "cheekycharlie" of ukvapers for this headsup
http://www.pet-supermarket.co.uk/Products/HB3052/dormex-dropper-bottle

if you put 30 into your cart, you qualify for free shipping. These are 7ml squeezy bottles with caps you can drill.

(for reference, our standard 10ml bottles are a hair bigger than 18650 batteries, so many mods that get converted have door issues with a 10ml bottle..7ml seems ideal)
Box, check...juice, check...new battery, check.....SQUONK! Big Grin
Thanks vern for link just orderd a few to see wat there like wish I new sooner waiting on some from china o well. Still waiting to see some pics progress on your mod builds, I'm having a go at some wood bamboo mod at present will put pics up when somit to show hopefully unless it breaks before it gets futher on lol
(06-18-2015, 12:39 AM)smoki Wrote: Thanks vern for link just orderd a few to see wat there like wish I new sooner waiting on some from china o well. Still waiting to see some pics progress on your mod builds, I'm having a go at some wood bamboo mod at present will put pics up when somit to show hopefully unless it breaks before it gets futher on lol

I've converted a dimitri, but still considering what to do for the door

It works well, and was very simple to do..the fatdaddy v4 just fitted right into place, and because it is a low profile connector it left a little catchcup type effect...very happy with the outcome. I need to put a slightly smaller bottle, or mill away the section between battery and bottle.
I can use this as it, and just slide the door down to squonk for now. But want to make a new door, in wood or similar.

The Vie woody was a bit of a nightmare by comparison, and I'm not doen with it. The original switch was just pants, so thinking if I should go a mosfet route or not.
Here's a pic

This worked when the switch decided to work, but I have since taken it all apart and it is in pieces awaiting some more clever ideas.
I used a 510 connector from a KUI squonker in this, only had to enlarge the hole a wee bit
Vern dimitri looks great easy swop over, I was going to do it to my cherry bomber but with positive mosfet for saftey but might just order the one on f/c.
As to your woody new switch and mosfet would be my choice have you seen the mitec switches on modmakers I got 1 to go in my wood there small and clicky just a bit pricey.
Got my zenith v2.5 today. F/tech came with 2 bottom pins bonus its brill easy build works champ stuck it on smoke owl looks much nicer than provided atty, not put it down all day lol
Found a couple of handy 10ml slimmer-than-a-battery bottles on FT:

10ml unicorn bottle - I'm hoping their dimensions are wrong, found a wholesaler on Alibaba which had them listed as much shorter: https://www.fasttech.com/products/3021/10012272/2427400

10ml PET - the only review I found said they were hard to squeeze, as you'd expect: https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10013295/2243800-empty-dropper-bottles-for-e-liquids-5-pack
thanks JoBo, good spot. Its an awkward fact that your average 10ml bottle is ever so slightly fatter than an 18650, so I'm sticking the ones you listed onto my FT wishlist to give them a go. If they're hard like a hangsen 10ml then it'll be no good to us.
ta.
I've got some unicorns on the way. Will report back. I'm 99% certain they're shorter than listed - partly because they give the same dimensions for the 15ml ones, and partly by the height/width of normal 10ml bottles. Still awkward for some spaces of course, but they might work for some.
if you'd be so kind to update us when you have them and can offer an opinion that'll be awesome JoBo
Unicorns arrived. Nice and squeezy. Dimensions:

Width: 16mm
To shoulder below threads: 65mm
To top of threads: 77mm
To top of needle tip: 93mm
To top of cap: 99mm
ah JoBo, somehow I missed your update..thanks for the dimensions!! I've saved them locally for when I plan a build..the 16mm aspect is great, perfect even