Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Convert to bfa?
I've been browsing around FT looking for bf attys and came across the Nipple rda.
Now I quite like the look of this and wondered if anyone had converted to bf succesfully?
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3028/10020663/4519700

Cheers.
I'm not sure if anyone has done one yet...

looking at the design of the thing it is very similar in concept to ones I *have* already done.
You'd use a dremel cutting disc to carve a channel/slot from the centre pin's head to where the screw threads start. Then you'd cut away a mm or so from the insulator disc (scissors) and reassemble.(there looks to be a black on press fitted into the device, and a white one...you'll probably have ot do both)

The dremel/centre pin step may well be optional, depending on how tight the centre pin fits into the body of the rda. The juice can sometimes go through the screwdriver slot, around the centre pin and then gets trapped by the insulator (on some atties)...so just slitting the insulator is enough to get it going as a squonk

difficulty level: 3/10
:-)
Box, check...juice, check...new battery, check.....SQUONK! Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes vern's post:
  • wobbly
Thanks Vern. I was considering snipping a bit out of the o ring, and a slot in the solid bit.
Hadn't even thought about slotting the pin.
Obviously a bit concerned about shorting out to the main deck on reassembly.
I think I grab one anyway as they are not too expensive.

Cheers.
perhaps you can cut the black insulator, and leave the white one intact (to guard against shorting)

to make this work, you'll need a small channel in the deck itself, such that the juice can go through the black insulator slot, and then under and around the white one, exiting out of a slot. A V-grinding bit on a dremel will make a small channel suitable for this.

(hope my explanation makes sense)

[Image: cutme.png]
I've made a black bit where you can happily shape a channel with a dremel bit, so the juice goes out under the white insulator without interfering with shorting possibilities.
Box, check...juice, check...new battery, check.....SQUONK! Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes vern's post:
  • wobbly
Now that's a good idea. Smile
Just gotta wait for the slowboat.

Cheers.
Just had a look on FT. It's now packed for shipping. 6-9 days supposedly.

Cheers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes wobbly's post:
  • vern
Well it arrived today. My god it's a tiny deck. Should be fun trying to cut a groove in it.
I'm off work tomorrow so will try it out as a dripper first, then think about butchering the deck.

Cheers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes wobbly's post:
  • vern
What a fiddly little f***er this is, well in my hands it is.
Tried doing dual coils and finally after several frustrating attempts I did
succeed. Could i get them to glow evenly? Nope! Arrgggh!!!
So I cut one out and used as single coil 1.87 ohms.
Then came the fun and games trying to get the tiny little screws into the
airholes. Now running single airhole max screw size available with the other
one blocked off. A bit of cotton wool and some caramel custard and tooting away
nicely. I had planned to convert to bottom feed, but having second thoughts now.
Any suggestions for an alternative, single coil, mtl, no chuff caps, easy build deck, sensible price?

Cheers.
igo-l and convert to bf ,outstanding performance for the price
vaping is a passion not just a hobby

[Image: tumblr_n5adqxP4Vu1qm8o2po3_r1_250.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like cheekiecharlie's post:
  • etab, wobbly
Yep the igo-L's from fasttech are awesome for the toot, I got 3 recently, much better than the originals too.