Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coppervape BF MOD - new shiny
aluminium one arrived.
Things I didnt know before
a) its about the same size as the dripmod left to right and top to bottom, but front to back is about 2mm larger.
b) the button has a lock:-)
c) the supplied atty (i think) is 24mm, and is a rather noisy thing in use...air noise. Sounds like a boost hose has popped off my intercooler.
d) its about the same weight as a dripbox...if not a small bit more.
e) comes with a baggy of orings, a single spare screw for the posts and a spare bottle. The bottle threading looks generic (if there is such a thing in bottle-land)..I'm sure some of my other bottles will fit
f) chicks dig it! i spoke to an elderly lady yesterday at wifey;'s work and she was all "oh i dont like these big boxes blah blah" and today she asked me to get her one just like that (the coppervape). Absolutely loves it. Its a very stylish thing
g) the top cap has a minimal amount of wiggle where the magnets can move around a bit in the slots they locate into. Not a big deal and doesnt affect it at all.

yeah, how do I feel about this ...its pretty darn ok to be honest. So far it looks to be a thing that will last for quite some time. Regylar mech maintenance will apply (cleaning firing surfaces etc) but on the whole its simple, easy ti understand and the bit you need to get at can be gotten to simply. Love the top cap removal voila theres your bottle mate trick,
Box, check...juice, check...new battery, check.....SQUONK! Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like vern's post:
  • cheekiecharlie, MacVap
thought you'd like it, it just seems to tick all the boxes, i have bashed mine about a bit and still working perfectly

for anyone else reading ,thinking about one ,i would advise the aluminium one,i have both ,but the brass one is more than twice the weight and being a lover of brass,never thought i'd say this ,but i prefer the aluminium one
vaping is a passion not just a hobby

[Image: tumblr_n5adqxP4Vu1qm8o2po3_r1_250.gif]
I read on another forum that these bottles fit:

https://www.fasttech.com/p/1844007

I expect my alu one any day now. Tongue
[Image: UbOpoPW.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes MacVap's post:
  • vern
just a little update, mine got a bit dirty when i was working, so wiped the crud off with my fingernails and rubbed it with some brasso.

there seems to be some sort of brass coating over the actual brass, as some of it has worn away , im tempted to strip it all off, but as its only a small bit, i'll leave it for now and see how it does,

i think its some sort of varnish , this is on the brass one

could it be the clearcoat that fasttech was famous for on their nemesis clones? or, ...has your brass tarnished at all since you got it? (the reason I stayed away was the maintenance I had to do on my brass tubes back in the day..polishing at least twice a week to retain some respectability)
no not yet, it does look like some type of clear coat tho, i'll keep an eye on it and see how it wears

Let's put some images, why don't we? Smile

[Image: BCMgipn.png]

[Image: gLAN1lh.png]

[Image: hfP5rEy.png]

[Image: KwyicFg.png]

[Image: 8NE2avA.png]

[Image: OiZFplr.png]

[Image: A0GZD8b.png]

[Image: LDdQtS0.png]

The dripper is absolutely d2l and I'm absolutely replacing it with a m2l one.  Big Grin
Wow, bottles from Inawera flavours fit snugly, they are just a 1 mm shorter, which doesn't bother anything. Big Grin  

[Image: y80D5L5.png]
ah...forgot to mention...remove the center pin from the rda (picture 6 in macvap's gallery), dremel off the top so it sits flush when re-assembled and it'll make the proper squonk sound
Photo 
[Image: IMG_20160812_215108.jpg]

flask, coppervape, dripbox, kangxin inoy size comparison.
flask is by far the largest, dripbox is smallest.
© verns-potato-camera