Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coppervape BF MOD - new shiny
ok decided setting up cnc and drawing a recess and then positioning the mod etc would be too much pain just for a small simple recess, so dug out the dremel and put a suitable bit on it and made two imperceptible recesses in the top part of the bottom section. Effectively, two small squares were dremelled out of the area where the magnet holes are. Squares? yes, when I sand the top part perfectly flat you ended up with two square areas that cant be easily reached. So I made a corresponding square recess around each magnet hole.

I'm terribly pleased to say this is now hitting like a mofo. My multimeter leads have a 0.16ohm resistance, (this is the inbuilt resistance). So measuring off the battery negative cap to the side of the mod (bottom also) I get 0.19ohms...and moving to the top cap of the atty (also the negative), I get 0.21ohms. i.e. there's 0.05ohms resistance in the mod from battery cap to atty cap. Yesterday after cleaning it was around 0.2ohms total resistance (once multimeter lead resistance was calculated out).

So this 14page journey leads me to conclude...there's many places for volts to go missing on this mod. Some mods will only lose them in one place, some will lose them collectively all over the place. I've hunted them down and eliminated them one by one. If you have a PC that you're trying to make quiet, you'll know the process. Replace a noisy fan, and then the next noisy fan becomes the loudest fan, rinse, repeat. Today's dremelling session was an irreversible process, the first one I've done to this mod that cant be undone. But late last night I put a battery in, vaped around half an hour, and during this morning's coffee I was considering putting in another battery. Instead, I did the dremel thing, and using the same battery I'm now still burning cotton if I'm not keeping up with the squonk-business, after another hour's vaping.

I'll stick a picture up later, but if anybody wants to visualise it, the square recess I made it almost imperceptible. Just basically roughing it up to remove a very small amount of metal, as what we are trying to counteract is the top cap having a small layer of dirt/paint/coating around the magnets. Its miniscule.

Those of you following may remember some tinfoil I stuck in the magnet holes around page 3 or so. I shouldve followed up on that, as it was a big clue. Anyway, my workings out are now public:-)
Box, check...juice, check...new battery, check.....SQUONK! Big Grin
[-] The following 6 users Like vern's post:
  • ad456m, cheekiecharlie, GT_1955, keef, wobbly, yourgurnard
you sure have gone to town and back with that mod vern,i may have a try at sanding mine when i get the chance and see if it helps the voltage drop , mine is not too bad ,but can always be better
vaping is a passion not just a hobby

[Image: tumblr_n5adqxP4Vu1qm8o2po3_r1_250.gif]
another installment. Had this on a shelf for near enough a month, had some crusted eliquid on it, so chucked it in some hot water and left it for half hour. Took it out, fired perfectly everytime for a period of three days...so I'm calling this issue licked. for me.
[-] The following 3 users Like vern's post:
  • Charles, keef, yourgurnard
I must give mine a clean/poke about sometime!
I have had some mild VD issues (!) but just wiping the mating surfaces is all I've needed to do (famous last words?.....)
I think I've managed to partially block the hole in the 510 (with burnt crap from My NETs....) as it's not squonking as it was.
Prob. is that the Squeezes 'just work' which makes Me lazy!!
give it a sonic clean , or a rinse in hot water, then use a needle or other pointy type device and ram it up the squonk hole , some juices can be really bad for getting sticky and gunky , so a little juice pick,s up other crud and then you experience what you are getting ,

hold it up to the light , make sure you can see daylight through the squonk hole ,

i only use the ally one now, i love brass, but the weight of the brass one is just too much nowadays, im too used to wooden or lighter squonkers now
vaping is a passion not just a hobby

[Image: tumblr_n5adqxP4Vu1qm8o2po3_r1_250.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes cheekiecharlie's post:
  • yourgurnard
nce you've mastered cleaning your squonk hole, then you can buy the broken dulce gusto coffee machines off ebay and fix them to sell on, most of them have got the same issue...blocked pipes so no water comes out, because if you dont use them often they crud up the small feed hole...there's even a small tool available to do it...(this *IS* a hint)
[-] The following 1 user Likes vern's post:
  • yourgurnard
That's what I like about this forum, plenty of squonk talk and hints on how to clean your coffee machine.

Where else can you get this? (rhetorical)

Are squonk people just generally nicer?
Carry On Squonking
Yay! CV's up & working again.....I must've chipped a bit off of the ceramic wick when I last screwed it back into the coil, hence the partial blockage.
...I did go to town & took all the contact bar etc. apart for a wipe over as well tho'!
[-] The following 1 user Likes yourgurnard's post:
  • vern