Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Squonk pins and gaps
I guess this would be the hex ones. http://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Socket-Finish-Internal-Threads/dp/B00DD4ULMM

Any advice on what would be the common length for the two-post drippers like Stumpy, Hobo 3,1, Narda? I prefer not to cut them, but would if I have to, and can't order tons of them.
[Image: UbOpoPW.gif]
M3 Around 10mm mayb? Don't have any of those so someone will hopefully come along with a better answer for ya!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ad456m's post:
  • MacVap
Thanks folks... as fate would have it I just received some M3, 8mm SS slotted screws from the bay... they fit both styles of Velocity, however they need a bit of fettling and only the mini was converted at this stage. BTW, these are non vented as I just wanted to convert one non squonker to full SS as opposed the copper screw. That said, the same dimensions would work with vented screws.

Firstly, M3 is the right thread, however the M3 head is too wide - obvious really as M2.5 heads are a perfect fit on just about all attys. I digress... I placed one of the screws in my rotary tool (Dremel imposter) and reduced the head diameter to fit, makeshift lathe style. Job done.

Just for the record I got these and a load of M2.5/M3 slot/hex from http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/boltbase They don't stock vented screw/bolts  Sad  but  include the link just in case anyone requires some bits 'n bobs for atty projects Smile
Sound advice, you could check where I got my m2.5's from and see if they do an m3. They are easily fettled unlike some I've come across
  • etab
(04-01-2016, 04:41 PM)ad456m Wrote: Sound advice, you could check where I got my m2.5's from and see if they do an m3. They are easily fettled unlike some I've come across

Funnily enough thanks to your link earlier in the thread, I have just ordered some M2.5 vented slot heads from amazondotcom for a future Doge X2 squonk conversion project :-) I'm okay for M3's now don't need any vented ones, but thank you Smile
It was too good a find not to share!!
I received M3, these ones http://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Machine-Finish-Phillips-Threads/dp/B00137J8FM and they fit Hobo 3.1 and Narda clones from Fasttech. Now on to making the heads narrower. Any tips? I have something like a dremel, but have almost never used it.
[Image: UbOpoPW.gif]
I think the general consensus is to put it in the chuck and spin it up against some sandpaper or a file
  • MacVap
I put the screw in the end of the dremel/rotary tool and running at the lowest speed setting ran a file along the edge to reduce the diameter. I found moving the file back n' forth got the job done quicker than just leaving it in one position.
[-] The following 1 user Likes etab's post:
  • MacVap
cool, glad ya got it sorted!