Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KangXin Inoy TC Squonker hidden TCR mode unlock
Yesterday I played around with the menu and found an item which I haven't seen discussed before. It appears to be TC power output (tentative suggestion).

To access, remove atty and lock (5x) then press the fire button plus up+down at same time - a number will appear to the left side (10-100). I adjusted the number down to 10 (thinking it was a cut out timer duh); this require releasing the fire button but and at the same time pressing either the up or down button (bit tricky, hope that makes sense?!).

I used power mode initially and that worked fine, but the setting change had a direct impact on TC as no coils (ni200) I built would heat up at any temp/wattage setting, a little vapour at best, but no real heat and non stop temp protection warnings. I re-adjusted via the menu to 100 and TC worked fine.

Any thoughts on this? Maybe a kind soul will check to see what the default number is (I'm guessing it is 100?). I've tried 50 and it works better than 10 but get lots of temp protection warnings.
[-] The following 5 users Like etab's post:
  • cheekiecharlie, MacVap, Pikey, vern, wobbly
It must be added functionality to the V2 as it doesn't work on my original. If it works as you say then it may be a way to switch to TI by setting it to about 60?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zelig's post:
  • etab
That's great! So it has adjustable TCR. For titanium wire it should be 35, for nickel 60, for SS around 10.
[Image: UbOpoPW.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes MacVap's post:
  • etab
Thanks for the info Zelig and MacVap, I think you hit the nail on the head, fascinating stuff and a bit of a bonus! Cool.

Update just changed it to 70... I understand 60 is technically correct but it seems to heat the coil really fast...
excellent find!
Box, check...juice, check...new battery, check.....SQUONK! Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes vern's post:
  • Vap3on
just checked mine ,was at 70 default,im not a fan of titanium wire ,seen too much shit on it ,had a falling out with imeo about it too ,but i do have ss 317L ,so i'll have a bash with that and see how it goes
vaping is a passion not just a hobby

[Image: tumblr_n5adqxP4Vu1qm8o2po3_r1_250.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes cheekiecharlie's post:
  • etab
Nice one 70 it is then... thanks. Yes i'm keen to give SS a go, let us know how that pans out.
well ,just done a ss coil ,came out at 0.44 ohm ,switched the mod setting to 10 and it worked ,not brilliantly ,but it did work in tc mode,it will need a bit of refining for the temp and maybe play above and below 10 ,but it does at least work

so big +1 etab and thanks for finding it Smile

[-] The following 4 users Like cheekiecharlie's post:
  • etab, vern, wobbly, Zelig
little update,put the setting to 20 ,on the ss 0.44 coil ,at 390f 40w and it vaped dry ,reducing power as it should and working quite well ,im sure it could be refined more ,but so far im really pleased with how it works

[-] The following 1 user Likes cheekiecharlie's post:
  • etab
Mine finally arrived. It's the newer version of the firmware with TCR adjustment and the horrible ghosting of the display. At first I thought the display is broken. No logo. It pleasantly surprised me with the size, it's much shorter than I expected (I imagined the height of a Hana box).

Before I start to use it, I'd have to snip the tube and sand the edges of the door (it's razor-sharp). Is there a chance that sanding it would introduce a wobble?
[Image: UbOpoPW.gif]