Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KangXin Inoy TC Squonker hidden TCR mode unlock
(12-03-2015, 04:13 PM)MacVap Wrote: Mine finally arrived. It's the newer version of the firmware with TCR adjustment and the horrible ghosting of the display. At first I thought the display is broken. No logo. It pleasantly surprised me with the size, it's much shorter than I expected (I imagined the height of a Hana box).

Before I start to use it, I'd have to snip the tube and sand the edges of the door (it's razor-sharp). Is there a chance that sanding it would introduce a wobble?

Looking at mine sitting here, I don't think sanding the door edges would have any effect on stabillity. Mine has the logo, I ACTUALLY chose it (the wacky pineapple - its so bad I love it lol) and is coated in clear lacquer, which I imagine will rub off and look tatty in no time!

Win some lose some with the ghastly ghosting, least its got alll the good firmware bits Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes etab's post:
  • MacVap
would anybody mind terribly if I split some of these posts into a new thread "Kangxin Inoy TCR mode unlock"?
they deserve their own audience as it is quite a significant change to how you view the device
Box, check...juice, check...new battery, check.....SQUONK! Big Grin
Nope no issues my end Vern, makes sense.
done..:-)
Box, check...juice, check...new battery, check.....SQUONK! Big Grin
Etab, you are a hero. Mine was set to 70. I'll be giving SS a whirl tomorrow set at 10
[-] The following 1 user Likes Moto's post:
  • etab
(12-03-2015, 10:31 PM)Moto Wrote: Etab, you are a hero. Mine was set to 70.  I'll be giving SS a whirl tomorrow set at 10

Thank ya Moto Blush

Check out cheekiecharlies posts - somewhere on or around 20 is gonna be the sweet spot for stainless builds on the Inoy by the look of it...

Open to experimentation Temperature Coefficient of Resistance...

Ni200: 60-70 (70 default)
SS: 10-20 (around 20 thanks to cheekiecharlies tests)
Ti: 35 (higher possibly?)
NiFe30: 32 (higher possibly?)
Tungsten: 48 (no clue!)
Wink 

I hope it helps!

[Image: 9p61dme.jpg]
[-] The following 6 users Like victorrego's post:
  • cheekiecharlie, etab, shawnhoefer, Swedish vaper, vern, wobbly
Just acquired one of these and have been having no luck with ss316 TC.
Then I realised my resistance was too high.
Should be 0.1 - 1.0 ohms, I'm running 1.4 ohms.
Note to self. RTFM. Doh!

Cheers.
3 years on, mine is still as good as the day I bought it. I paid $35.50 for it. In this time I have lost count of the mods that have died on me but this little thing soldiers on.