Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need a coffee thingy
...a thingy I can put into a cup of coffee, that'll beep at a set temperature.

Does this thingy exist? I dont drink my coffee when it i super-hot..and in my elder stages of planet earth I'm forgetting the cup whilst waiting for cool down to commence.

Ideally, a doo-dah I can set to a certain temperature, plonk into my cup and then it lights up o rbeeps when coffee is at my desired temperature.

help, bretheren of the squonk....
pls
Box, check...juice, check...new battery, check.....SQUONK! Big Grin
(11-04-2015, 07:24 PM)vern Wrote: ...a thingy I can put into a cup of coffee, that'll beep at a set temperature.

Does this thingy exist? I dont drink my coffee when it i super-hot..and in my elder stages of planet earth I'm forgetting the cup whilst waiting for cool down to commence.

Ideally, a doo-dah I can set to a certain temperature, plonk into my cup and then it lights up o rbeeps when coffee is at my desired temperature.

help, bretheren of the squonk....
pls
A quick google search turns up several USB cup warmers... but most seem not to keep the drink very warm unless the cup is very thin and flat bottomed. This one is mains powered and a fair bit more expensive: cup warmer
Never tried them myself, know what you mean though- I often go to finish my coffee at work only to find it is stone cold... Sad
yeah I make coffee then let it sit until its at the right temperature...so I'm looking for something that goes int he other way...just lets me know audibly when a temperature has been reached (on the way down)

Seen some mugs that change colour and so on, but I dont stare at the mug so I'll miss it...it needs to beep or flash or something.
or bluetooth...everything is better with bluetooth:-)
(11-04-2015, 08:38 PM)vern Wrote: yeah I make coffee then let it sit until its at the right temperature...so I'm looking for something that goes int he other way...just lets me know audibly when a temperature has been reached (on the way down)

Seen some mugs that change colour and so on, but I dont stare at the mug so I'll miss it...it needs to beep or flash or something.
or bluetooth...everything is better with bluetooth:-)
Cant find one that beeps or flashes- but this one at least tells you what the liquid temp is
yes they do exist ,i had one for the truck a good few years ago ,heat a cup of water up perfectly for a fresh brew at the road side
vaping is a passion not just a hobby

[Image: tumblr_n5adqxP4Vu1qm8o2po3_r1_250.gif]
I think this definately meets your requirements :-

http://www.zeal.co.uk/index.php/zeal/thermometers/p0107-alarm-probe-thermometer.html

Hope this helps

Danny
(11-05-2015, 04:54 AM)dannymtosh Wrote: I think this definately meets your requirements :-

http://www.zeal.co.uk/index.php/zeal/thermometers/p0107-alarm-probe-thermometer.html

Hope this helps

Danny

I love you
:-) thanks danny!...I'm gonna have a coffee thingy soon!
[-] The following 1 user Likes vern's post:
  • dannymtosh
(11-05-2015, 04:32 PM)vern Wrote:
(11-05-2015, 04:54 AM)dannymtosh Wrote: I think this definately meets your requirements :-

Hope this helps

Danny

I love you
:-) thanks danny!...I'm gonna have a coffee thingy soon!

Just be careful where you stick that probe  Big Grin
I didnt end up getting Dannymtosh' thingy..I put it on my secret santa list 2015 but he didnt care for it, so I'm re-adding it this here and hope he listens. In the meantime I bought a mug that had a colour changing thingy on the side of it, and it changes colour when I add hot liquid/coffe. But it doesnt un-change quick enough..so my coffe gets cold and the mug sticker still says its hot. Avoid.

cmon santa, do the right thing!