Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3d printer £160 in the uk
up down inverted Z?
https://ultimaker.com/en/community/10370-z-axis-inverted
Box, check...juice, check...new battery, check.....SQUONK! Big Grin
I'll leave this thing be for now and return to it once I've learned a bit more about it. I have a garbled lcd so I can't access the menu on the machine so I think I'll shoot an email to the seller and see what comes back.
Righto, lots of headway made on this now.
I downloaded this http://www.pronterface.com and its showing the printer working and i can control everything. The nice folks on reprap forums have a thread going about this thing and have helped me no end.

My lcd is goosed so that'll need replacing
[Image: IMG_1292.JPG]
lol
The extruder has the clicking issue so i might replace that too with a real Mk8 or something, not sure yet.
I'm replacing the thermistors and using high temp silicone to mount them and I've bought some more endstops to put on the max end of the scale too. Once i get the thing working and understand more i'll likely put a proper Marlin firmware in it too.
On the whole i think for 159 its not bad and even with the new additions it won't be over 200 quid so I'd say for a tinkerer its def a good buy
any updates? I'm revisiting this bug and back to browsing ebay for 3d printers..
I've ordered a few bits for it but I'm working 300 odd hours a month just now so never getting to play with it. I'd say it's a project from day one. Needs a better extruder, extra end stops and some other stuff but definitely worth a shot to get yer feet wet. The instructions are pish, I cooked the lcd by following the included ones.
It's down to £147 last I looked.
Let's dredge this up again.

So the printer works, the prints are ok too. But just ok. If you are a tinkerer it's a no brained though I'd fully recommend throwing the supplied m3 hardware with decent stuff and nylocks. The supplied stuff is made from cheese or play doh the frame will loose its square if you fart in its direction let alone touch it.

Now I have had some hassle with it but that was due to my own life being too frantic to have the appropriate amount of patience.

On the whole this thing is cheap shite but more than ample to learn from and a good base to start replacing parts to get a better printer. Mine is now headed into a steel frame from Orballo in Spain and dual extruders are in the works too.

tl:dr

I don't regret buying it at all but expect problems and set aside plenty of distraction free time to diagnose the problems. Once finally setup properly it's a good first start and it'll force you to learn how to fix it. I'll post up some pics of prints at somepoint soon. They aren't shit hot but they'll do and as I learn even more I expect the quality to get better
good to hear, now print some mushroom squonk box mods..its opensource now and the 3d files are available
Yeah, been wanting to get a mod printed up but I'm jus not quite happy with my prints yet. I've got a couple of dna40 chips and a few fdv v5 lying around so should get my finger out. The 510 in my rx500s went to shit this week so mayb a 20ml 250w custom squonk box is worth toying with. Probly need a trailer to carry it tho!
Ohh yes +1 I'd take one
vaping is a passion not just a hobby

[Image: tumblr_n5adqxP4Vu1qm8o2po3_r1_250.gif]
Challenge accepted.

I've just set things together and I think the batteries will have to sit in a semicircle round the bottle and the chip would go down one side of the bottle. I've got a day off on Sunday so if I find a minute I'll get Blender fired up and see what I can come up with. Any scribbles/thoughts etc are most welcome.

As far as the naming for such a mod, I think Vern got it right when he set this place up...

"The squonKING"
[-] The following 2 users Like ad456m's post:
  • cheekiecharlie, vern