Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tubing
I don't think I have seen a tubing thread ,so here's a link for anyone looking for tubing ,they do just about every size that we would need
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLEAR-Silicone-Translucent-Soft-Rubber-Tubing-FDA-Approved-Milk-Hose-Dairy-Pipe-/261112388696?var=&hash=item3ccb82dc58
vaping is a passion not just a hobby

[Image: tumblr_n5adqxP4Vu1qm8o2po3_r1_250.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like cheekiecharlie's post:
  • JoBo, MacVap, vern, wobbly
any hints on good sizes to buy? I've heard a nice thin tube makes squonking easier as you have to push less to get liquid all the way up.
and I've heard a nice thick tube makes squonking easier...because (wait for it...0 you have to push less to get liquid all the way up.
Personal experience is the smokeless owl seems to squonk just right, floppy bottle, thick-ish tubing.
Box, check...juice, check...new battery, check.....SQUONK! Big Grin
I have a few different sizes ,cant say one is any different from the other vern,i'd say bottle type is the main factor for getting the juice up

the biggest I have is 5mm od ,personally I feel it is too big ,it just doesn't look right when you take the door off

[-] The following 1 user Likes cheekiecharlie's post:
  • vern
#resurrect

ok the fatdaddy 510 v5 diagram shows a 3mm intake pipe.
so the link above, has 3mm available as an ID. but no 2.5mm though....am I ok buying 3mm ID tubing? I dont want it to flop on and flop off..it should at least side on with some effort......and if so, is 1mm wall thickness ok? i.e. 3mm ID 5mm OD?
thought about it, bought 3mmID by 5mmOD...because...£1.60 or something isnt the end of the world.
it is quite bulky tubing vern,i have some but haven't used it much ,its a real pity squonk feeder pins are not just the one standard size,but as you say ,its cheap enough ,i bought a range or sizes so i would hopefully have tubing for all types of pins

[-] The following 1 user Likes cheekiecharlie's post:
  • vern
thanks charlie, unfortunately the choices in 3mmID were limited.
And I agree about squonk pin sizes...I'd love to have tubing and bottles and just make 10 spare so I can swop flavours etc in amongst the various mods, but alas...this'll have to do for now.
We're still in a much much better position that even a year ago

Right now though, bottles and tubing is my weak point in the "have spares of spares" mantra.
[-] The following 1 user Likes vern's post:
  • cheekiecharlie
ditto mate ,i really had to try hard to stop myself buying so much more than i'll probably ever need ,i like to be prepared if something breaks

im desperate to build a squonk box ,but finding the time ,the energy ,the inclination to start ,got loads of parts ,there are quite a decent selection of diy boxes on the net too ,that wouldn't need too much fettling to make into a squonker ,personally i want to find a decent blank of some strong hard wood and cut and mill it from scratch ,i just seem to have too many things on the go just now ,a spare hour or two here and there is taken up relaxing on forums

once the better weather comes in (maybe be lucky and get a week of seeing the big yellow shiney thing that appears in the sky in scotland every so often ) global warming they tell me ,its not so cold in the garage at nights ,i'll get more time for man cave stuff

tell me about it...my car's hooters have stopped working..I managed to source a pair. The bumper needs to come off, and then they sit behind the intercoolers. 1hour job I'd estimate.

I've had this job scheduled every weekend now since mid-november and just cant get into the garage to do it. Too cold, not enough light etc etc. Roll on summer. pls. pls
well blow me over...having placed a tubing order on ebay on thursday and picking "the cheapest delivery, in the WORLD" (4-7 working days) the stuff pitches up today.

The good news is its really good tubing, ncie and stretchy. The ok news is that it does fit the fatdaddy v5 connector, (which is 3mm OD) while the tubing is 3mm ID. It slips over with barely enough grab to keep the whole thing in place. As we have about 6mm of tubing over the connector, its sufficient to stop it sucking in air/leaking and leads to a good squonk.

The bad news is, I would really like a 2.8mm tubing or a 3.2mm fatdaddy. Just so that it needs to be pushed on etc, as it makes filling up easier...as it stands now, when I grab the bottle the tubing comes loose at the fatdaddy side everytime. (I may wrap some tape around the fatdaddy to increase the diameter slightly in the meantime)

Anyways...gonna order some more sizes etc and do a cheekycharlie. Keep lots of sizes available.