Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just ordered some Fatdaddy V5 510s...
I thought I'd have another go at making a squonker. I've just ordered 5 FD V5 510s as a start.

I'm thinking regulated with my Dino PWM board
[Image: 20150630_211616_zpsnqbtlulr.jpg]
[Image: 20150908_215344_zpsf8teluoo.jpg]

Design based on something similar to my D series mods, but with squonk bottle where the atty hole is
[Image: 20140514_174204_zps85183857.jpg]

I'll update this thread with progress.
If a thing's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes doobedoobedo's post:
  • JoBo
I'll be watching this with interest, seeing as I ordered some of the v5 ones too. So happy the tops are totally flat now..and the oring is a bonus.
atmel328...hmm...thats arduino territory.....any linkage for that board I can go and read up on?
Box, check...juice, check...new battery, check.....SQUONK! Big Grin
(09-12-2015, 05:35 PM)vern Wrote: I'll be watching this with interest, seeing as I ordered some of the v5 ones too. So happy the tops are totally flat now..and the oring is a bonus.
atmel328...hmm...thats arduino territory.....any linkage for that board I can go and read up on?

Quite a bit of evolution on it before I got to where I am now. And All the boards start life as a funduino pro-mini. It's cheaper to buy a pro-mini from china than it is to source the MCU on it's own...

http://ukvapers.org/Thread-PWMing

Those V5s look great. I've used the V3 with squonk adaptor before, but I think the V5 looks like it beats it hands down and the o-ring is a definite bonus.
I'll also be watching this thread.
I've used the V3 and older V4 connectors with mixed results. I've got a couple of the newer V4 connectors but haven't had chance to use them yet.
I've not tried the V4, but I was disappointed with the V3.
@doobedoobedoo were you the guy running the arduino ecig plugged into the mains and doing all the development work about a year/year and a half ago? If so, I watched all your youtube videos with interest.
#legend
Box, check...juice, check...new battery, check.....SQUONK! Big Grin
Sorry Vern, not me. That was Boltar. He was a legend and I learnt a lot from what he did. He's not been about for a while now though.

I tried to keep the circuit design as simple as possible (I'm a simple man Smile). There's a 5V regulator, a shunt and an amplifier to measure the current, a couple of voltage dividers to measure voltages, and a mosfet driver to keep gate voltages high and on resistance as low as possible on the mosfets. The rest is done in the firmware, just over 1500 lines of code.
[-] The following 1 user Likes doobedoobedo's post:
  • vern