Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VIE V2
the VIE v2 is a wooden, dual 18650 box available at
http://focalecig.com/Product/Vie-V2-Style2x18650-Mechanical-Wood-ModBrown-24329
for the princely sum of $19
I have one on order with the intention of running it as a squonker...replacing one of the batteries with a 10ml eliquid bottle.

Why does this box score in this way:
1) wood. Wood is good..it means it is easy to work with using hand tools. It is also relatively light
2) the price is low for a wooden box.
3) dual 18650, in parallel, means there is no further circuitry to involve when substituting one battery for an eliquid bottle.
4) the door slides on. This makes it ideal to create a small cutout to squonk through. It also makes bottle changes a snap.
5) the 510 connector is not central, but off to one side, probably directly under one of the batteries. This means that fitting a bottle to that slot would be easy, as the feed tube doesnt have to twist or kink at all

[Image: sku_24329_1.jpg][Image: sku_24329_2.jpg]
[Image: sku_24329_2.jpg][Image: sku_24329_3.jpg]

I expect the area under the 510 to have some wondrous glue/wiring, but as the connector is a 22mm affair, I also expect to be able to gut this out easily to fit a fatdaddy 510 bf pin. Any wiring would in anycase be replaced or reworked. The switch may need replacing too. The logo, while not being the nicest thing on the planet, doesnt seem to be etched/engraved deeply. Sanding would remove this if you choose.
This may well end up being Trigger's broom :-)
eta: 2 weeks
Box, check...juice, check...new battery, check.....SQUONK! Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes vern's post:
  • JoBo
You should get some photos up of it while your modding it sir, would love to see how you go about it.
certainly looks like a decent base for a diy project ,I'm all spent out at the moment ,have dropped over a grand this week alone on some toys ,clothes and the final balance for my holidays ,will be watching with interest vern,will hopefully pick up the box and bits when I'm back and start making some spare cash
vaping is a passion not just a hobby

[Image: tumblr_n5adqxP4Vu1qm8o2po3_r1_250.gif]
no dont.

I got this and modded it and it lasted a day. You need too many new bits to make it worthwhile...and at the end of the day you have a wooden box of very dubious wooden quality.

There's better options available now for around the same price.

Oh yeah...and focalecig send me the wrong sku to boot.

[Image: image.jpg]

[Image: image.jpg]

there's my rough attempt. Some KUI bits were used and while it did work ok and was pretty light, I had no faith in it and the power button was iffy right out of the box to begin with. Maybe someone else can make a better go of it, but we can get custom made squonker boxes for just over €20 euros now...so this isnt worth it anymore in my humblest of opinions.

and since this original post, you can get a reo clone for a few dollars more,....all set up with bottles and everything.
Box, check...juice, check...new battery, check.....SQUONK! Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like vern's post:
  • JoBo, ukininarm