Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IPV4 Chip?
Alright guys.
Hows everyone doing this fine evening?

Well my IPV4 decided it hated it's 510 threads and my RDA so now I have an IPV4 that works perfectly but won't let anything be screwed onto it so I had an idea, why not pull the board out and and use it for my own mod!

But I have a big glaring question... If I was to wire in a parallel battery sled would it still work?
I am doing some good old google'Fu but nothing as of yet.

So if anyone knows if it would work I would be grateful for anything you could tell me.

Cheers.
You'd probably get a low battery warning. From the pictures I'd say it was a series mod.
If a thing's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.
It is wired in series but I have been hearing things about some of the SX chips being able to use both battery configs and limiting the wattage it can get to.
Some of the SX350s series do that but I don't think the SX330s do. It's getting harder to work out which chip is in what but if you can match it up with the pics on their website, they usually list minimum input voltage, eg: http://www.yihiecigar.com/products_info/YiHiEcigar-SX330-V3S-150W-279032.html
Will have to find out what the chip in the IPV4 is.
Would be nice to be able to reuse it the chip itself is solid works every time and I have never had any problems with it.
Just seen you wanted to use parallel batteries. Why not just use series instead? It's more efficient than parallel and doesn't have any downsides I can think of if you want to use two batteries anyway.
(09-07-2015, 04:31 PM)JoBo Wrote: Just seen you wanted to use parallel batteries. Why not just use series instead? It's more efficient than parallel and doesn't have any downsides I can think of if you want to use two batteries anyway.

Am after a long battery life, not high watts.
Series set ups have the life span of one battery where as a parallel gives me double the MAH. 
You're comparing different voltages, so mAh doesn't matter, Watt hours do (Wh).

2 batteries contain the same amount of energy whether they are in series or parallel.
If a thing's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes doobedoobedo's post:
  • JoBo
(09-12-2015, 10:11 PM)doobedoobedo Wrote: You're comparing different voltages, so mAh doesn't matter, Watt hours do (Wh).

2 batteries contain the same amount of energy whether they are in series or parallel.

Fair enough, I will have to do some more research before I build this mod.
I may for go this chip and just get an SX350J.
You actually get better battery life in series than parallel because high voltage is more efficient. It's fairly easy to see why if we look at power output in a mech-type set up. These are some calculations I've posted elsewhere - the numbers are guesswork but the overall conclusion stays the same:

Let's assume that we have 30a batteries with 0.04ohms internal resistance and that both our mods have a resistance of 0.02ohms. We're running the parallel mod at 0.07ohms and the series mod at 0.28ohms for the same (ideal) power:

In parallel,
power = 4.2v^2/(0.07 + 0.04/2 + 0.02) = 160w
and 0.07/0.11 = 64% of that is getting to the atomiser
= 102w

In series,
power = 8.4v^2/(0.28 + 0.04*2 + 0.02) = 185w
and 0.28/0.38 = 74% of that is getting to the atomiser
= 136w

It works a bit differently in regulated mods because a lot of the difference above is down to coil resistance being higher relative to battery + rest of circuit resistance, but the principle is similar and bucking a high voltage is more efficient than boosting a low voltage.
[-] The following 2 users Like JoBo's post:
  • cheekiecharlie, doobedoobedo