Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our forum - guidelines
:-)
I've been on many many forums, and most of them can grow to a certain size before trouble starts erupting. The trouble is not always resolved, leaving certain users with a bad taste in their mouth.
While I don't pretend to have all the answers, the one forum where I find these things become self-healing is at fasttech. Users are all adults and can sort themselves out, including me. Nobody really likes being told off by "management"

As such, here's some guidelines to initially "guide" the forum users.
1) we're all adults
2) we all have bad days
3) contribute! We learn via sharing
4) talk, ask questions, do not be shy
5) if something winds you up, give yourself 5 minutes before starting a fight. Because it isnt worth it, honestly. Sarcasm and such is easy to pull off online, but there arent any points, nobody gains, nobody benefits.

As part of this, squonking.co.uk will have minimal moderation. Hopefully, you wont even notice it at all. My duties as moderator will be solely based on cleaning up any spam and posting articles and items to further squonking, vaping.

Also, the PM system (private messaging) is disabled, and will be kept disabled. If anything needs to be said, it can be said in the open. If alliances are formed, it is better if everybody knows it. If sales go wrong, at least all dealings will be public knowledge.

read rule #1
We are all adults. We can sort out our problems publicly.

thanks, and keep squonking!
Box, check...juice, check...new battery, check.....SQUONK! Big Grin
PM's have now been enabled for all.
Box, check...juice, check...new battery, check.....SQUONK! Big Grin