Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reo clone spring
when you go to 0.5ohms and below, you'll be happy to know the reo clone spring can be used to start a fire, warm a small household or even defrost a chicken. It seems to sap up energy and convert it to heat.

Lets fix that.

Option1: buy a genuine spring, $4-ish...pay $23 for shipping the $4-ish spring
Option2: remove the spring totally, and put something else there.

I chose option 2. This was siggested elsewhere but I am repeating it here as it really does work well.
Find your average automotive blade type fuse. I chose a nice red 10amp one. Bend the tabs opposite directions, one up and one down.
Fit the fuse where your reo clone spring was.

Suchlike:
[Image: IMG_20150824_164338.jpg]
you can see the automotive fuse acting as my negative contact. You need to lightly sand off the black coating where the original spring was so that the fuse can make a solid contact to the body.

Here's my reo in pieces, so you can see the fuse, each tab is bent the opposite way..one contacts the battery negative, one contacts the aluminium body.
[Image: IMG_20150824_164433.jpg]

End result: no more hot spring (not sure it was ever a hot spring, from the hot spring safety cupboard)...no more very warm spring (from the sucking up my volts cupboard), and BONUS, my mech mod is fused now for 10amp.
A spare fuse, bent the same way, fits between battery and bottle should you want to travel with a ready-to-go spare fuse.

SQUONK!
Box, check...juice, check...new battery, check.....SQUONK! Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like vern's post:
  • cheekiecharlie, JoBo
yeah,its a good modification that ,with the added bonus of a 'fuse' so simple to do too ,looks tidy vern
vaping is a passion not just a hobby

[Image: tumblr_n5adqxP4Vu1qm8o2po3_r1_250.gif]
its the "so simple" bit that got me to try it out. Was quick to do, I had all the bits to hand, and total time was less than 5 minutes.
Box, check...juice, check...new battery, check.....SQUONK! Big Grin