Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linux users?
any linux users on here? or wanting to find out about linux?
dont know what linux is? post here...happy to talk shit
Box, check...juice, check...new battery, check.....SQUONK! Big Grin
(04-11-2017, 09:47 PM)vern Wrote: any linux users on here? or wanting to find out about linux?
dont know what linux is? post here...happy to talk shit

Yup I've used Ubuntu, on an older laptop, that struggled with windows.

Found it was good. It's a fiddlers delight, as you needed to tweak the thing to get it to run.

If it runs what you want, and you want to get away from the larger OSs it's great. Alas the laptop has now gone to silicon heaven, and so I no longer have the spare machine to run it.

But I shall return.
Carry On Squonking
Ive dabbled and ran a dual boot for years, flicking between whichever was best for the task at hand,, day job as a windows admin. Latest win10 update trashed my boot-sector, so I had to fix it, and decided enough is enough. As I needed ot run windows for my work, I changed my OS, and my job. I'n now linux-y as a job too.
(04-12-2017, 04:27 PM)vern Wrote: Ive dabbled and ran a dual boot for years, flicking between whichever was best for the task at hand,, day job as a windows admin. Latest win10 update trashed my boot-sector, so I had to fix it, and decided enough is enough. As I needed ot run windows for my work, I changed my OS, and my job. I'n now linux-y as a job too.

I can't see you having any probs with linux then.

I think it's nice to cut the cord, and not be ruled by a one size fits all system.
Carry On Squonking
I'm part of a team of 4 running HPC clusters for a university now. Wish I knew how I got the job, but hey ho they mustve seen something in me.