SquonKING UK
cars,or bikes - Printable Version

+- SquonKING UK (http://forum.squonking.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Chill (http://forum.squonking.co.uk/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: ...and the rest (http://forum.squonking.co.uk/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: cars,or bikes (/thread-1149.html)

cars,or bikes - vern - 04-11-2017

does anybody here watch the F1 cars or motogp bikes? or into the car scene at all?

I'm big on the bikes, and warm on the cars (becoming tepid, perhaps luke-warm as it sometimes puts me to sleep) and I drive a modified car (aka moneypit)

let me know, discussions open:-)

RE: cars,or bikes - cheekiecharlie - 04-11-2017

always been into cars, unfortunately had to trade in the st for a diesel ,25,000+ miles a year with a heavy right foot it expensive

my son has just bought a megane 2litre turbo , 300bhp , so we can still have a bit of fun ,he has the chance of a company car ,so our thoughts have been , why not make the megane a track car and trick it out some more

RE: cars,or bikes - vern - 04-12-2017

I'm on audisrs some days....might give you an idea what my pleasure is:-) I'm onto my second B5 Audi now..only do about 200miles a week though, so stuff the price of petrol, I want to enjoy driving

RE: cars,or bikes - cheekiecharlie - 04-12-2017

great cars, looked at the rs4 and 5 , but they were twice the price of my focus ,it will be 3 on august and in over 50,000 already, so petrol is out of the question just now ,im £60 ish a week on diesel , i.d be well over £100 for petrol ,the megane is only giving 16 to the gallon

best car i had was an ex police mv6 omega, manual gearbox (police option only) cammed chipped and turbo'd pushing over 350 break , 6-12 to the gallon depending how you drove it , the acceleration was great ,

i raced a mate with a calibra turbo (red top) both sitting at 100mph ,he quickly became a dot in my mirror , fastest i went was around 176 , speedo stopped at 170 and i only went a bit more before i ran out of road , i still miss that car ,it was my baby, ran it for 3-4 years until i became unemployed and couldn't afford to run it

RE: cars,or bikes - BernardSi - 07-11-2018

Nice to see someone else is into cars in this community. I'm into BMW, but I don't discriminate all that much. I'm fascinated by anything shiny. lol

RE: cars,or bikes - wobbly - 07-11-2018

Back in the day, me and my mates used run what ever was cheap and cheerful.
Old Ford Anglias with 1500 gt lumps, homemade crossmembers for the gearbox.
Banded steel wheels with "huge" 175/13 tyres, best brake pads/shoes that we could afford.
Torched or cut down front coils and 2inch lowering blocks at the (cartspring) back end.
And don't forget the bucket seats. We were the undiscovered rally kings.  Smile
Good fun, cheap motoring, cheap real petrol, not this modern unleaded  E10 shite.
Now we're all practical, commuting family cars. In my case a 4L Jeep Grand Cherokee
for towing duties. Caravan to Wales this summer, and Santa Pod in the autumn.

Cheers.

p.s. Into bikes, like the TT not too bothered about GP stuff.